Fracking is said to have created a present day gold rush in some states like North Dakota, Ohio and West Virginia. Oil field workers flock to places where there is fracking activities. In North Dakota alone, anyone who wants a job can get one. The fracking boom has become a job-creating machine. There are more job openings than applicants. Because of the over-supply of jobs, North Dakota is conducting a massive ad campaign to attract workers and their families to transfer residence. In fact there is a housing shortage in the cities and towns. This has caused the cost of housing to increase. There is also a ripple effect on employment. Job opening are not limited to oil extractions, but also jobs for construction, trucking, retail and others.
Fracking Job Positions
Fracking jobs are categorized as fracturing and engineering. Positions in fracturing include field supervisors, treators, and experienced fracturing equipment operators. Equipment operators need not have any experience in operating a fracturing equipment. They only need a driver’s license, mechanical aptitude and willing to work for long hours. Treators and Field Supervisors require a certain working experience in oil field operations and working with high pressure pumping equipment.
Positions for engineers require a bachelor’s degree in mechanical or petroleum engineering and with working experience in the oil field. To build manufacturing plants, engineer technicians, construction crew and building and environmental engineers are also need and hired. There are also jobs for trucking as equipment, and pipes have to be shipped to and fro the drilling sites. So there are jobs for drivers and their helpers.
Support positions are also available like clerks, accountants, human resources and others. These positions require the traditional qualifications and standards.
Positive Effects of Fracking on energy Producing Work Force
- Salaries of workers have skyrocketed to six figures. Energy producing workers earn an average of $62,000
- Benefits are very enticing. They have health insurances and hazard pays. They enjoy longer day offs than ordinary workers.
- If you know how to strike a hammer, then you will find a job where there are fracking activities.
- It has increased the standard of living of the workers and their families.
- Families can stay together because they can relocate with the worker.
- Family members who are not qualified to be employed in fracking can be employed in support jobs like construction and trucking.